Grants and Partnerships Associate
ReThink Media seeks a Grants and Partnerships Associate to support their Communications and Development team. This position will play a crucial role in taking ReThink’s fundraising and sustainability to the next level. With a lot of room for growth, this role is ideal for someone pursuing a career in nonprofit development.
The Communications and Development team tells ReThink’s story to our current and prospective funders and partner organizations, staff, and board. The team works directly with the Executive Director, Chief of Staff, and Director and Deputy Director of Strategy to ensure the organization’s sustainability and growth.
The Grants and Partnerships Associate reports to the Director of Communications and Partnership Development and contributes to the success of the organization by maintaining funder data and information systems, overseeing grants management, providing support for cultivating and managing ReThink’s membership program, researching potential funding and consulting partners, drafting communications and proposals to foundations, and providing administrative support for development and communications functions.
We are looking for someone with excellent written communication skills, development or fundraising experience, strong attention to detail, and a passion for research and project management. Our ideal candidate has a learning mindset and would be described by previous supervisors and friends as “unquestionably reliable.”
- Grants management: maintain calendar of grant deadlines; communicate grant requirements and ensure proper submission of proposals and reports; gather and prepare supporting documents; coordinate inputs (e.g., budget and narrative); handle record keeping and data management. Work with the Director of Communications and Partnership Development to develop a template and workflow for ReThink’s grant applications and reports.
- Research: conduct research to support development projects, such as grant proposals.
- Fee-for-service: manage the administration of fee-for-service (FFS) contracts, including working closely with the Director of Finance to handle contract language, estimates, and ensure contracts are signed and fully executed; handle record keeping and data management; track FFS work cycles, invoicing and payments (accounts receivable).
- Membership: manage the contract and renewal process for ReThink’s Tools & Technology Membership, including generating estimates and invoices, drafting Terms of Agreement contracts and renewal forms, and ensuring contracts are signed and fully executed. Handle record keeping and data management; connect members with resources and troubleshooting help, including website requests and Cision accounts; provide information for potential new members; possibly conduct basic member orientation/training.
- Funder communications: draft newsletters to our funding partners; work with the Director of Communications and Partnership Development to develop additional ways we communicate with our funders.
- Development support: support the development activities of the Executive Director, Director of Strategy, and others through notetaking, calendaring, tracking follow-up, etc. This may include attending some funder meetings.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- BA or equivalent training/experience and an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Marketing, communications, public relations, and/or development experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including editing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with diverse experience, expertise, skills, and objectives
- Strength in time management, setting goals, and prioritizing workload with strong attention to detail—some of your job will be to hold those senior to you accountable
- Basic understanding of math/basic math skills; ability to problem-solve
- Systems- and solution-oriented
Desirable but not required:
- Ambition to work in development
- Experience working in philanthropy
- Experience in Excel, Cision, QuickBooks, and Insightly or other CRM systems
- Commitment to the issues ReThink fights for
LOCATION, SALARY, & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based in our downtown Berkeley office or Washington, DC office (currently working remotely). After our offices reopen, we anticipate that staff will have the option to continue working a partially remote schedule, if desired. The position will require occasional travel to our other office, to staff and planning meetings, and to presentations and trainings.
ReThink Media is committed to pay equity and transparency in our salary, raise, and benefits structure. We regularly conduct market comparisons. Staff receive an annual 360º performance review and ReThink is strongly committed to internal and external professional development. We aim to attract, develop, and retain diverse, talented, and growth-minded staff.
This is an intermediate position that comes with a generous benefits, vacation, sabbatical, and retirement package. Salary is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of $50,000–55,000 per year for an Associate or $60,000–65,000 for a Senior Associate, plus benefits.
We are assessing candidates on a rolling basis. This position is open until filled.
ReThink Media is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send an email to [email protected], Subject: Grants and Partnerships Associate. Please include your cover letter and résumé as PDF attachments, with your name in each filename (e.g., resume- Smith.pdf), and a brief sentence on where you heard about the job posting.